5 of Penn and Teller’s most mind-blowing magic tricks on TV
Kim and Kanye, Ant and Dec, Barry and Paul Chuckle… the world has seen many great double acts. However, the pair most likely to make you question the world as you know it, is Penn and Teller.
Performing together since the 1970s, Penn and Teller are American magicians and entertainers who have had a residency in Las Vegas for over 20 years. Famous for their mind-boggling, comical tricks, Penn takes the lead as the act’s orator whilst Teller notoriously remains silent throughout. Their tricks vary in style from political satire to over-the-top danger – but all are guaranteed to leave you guessing.
Back in 2011, Penn and Teller invited British magicians to attempt to fool them by performing their best tricks and leaving the duo to figure it out. The aim of the game? If the magician was successful in tricking the duo, he/she would be invited to perform with them in Las Vegas. This evening on Channel 5, the pair invite more magicians to try their luck, this time from amongst the glitz and glamour of Las Vegas itself.
To get you in the magical mood, here are five of Penn and Teller’s most frustratingly mind-blowing tricks:
1. Louise Minchin is subjected to the age old trick of levitation on The One Show.
2. Penn and Teller demonstrate to Jimmy Fallon how magicians manage the “rabbit out of a hat” trick.
3. Teller gives Houdini a run for his money in this impressive escape trick.
4. Avert your eyes if you’re of a sensitive disposition! Penn makes us all sweat with this nail gun trick.
5. One of the pair’s most infamous tricks. Just try and figure out how they did it, the mind boggles.
If this was all just a bit too frustrating to watch, let Penn and Teller satiate your mind with their hilarious visual explanation of a simple trick.
Penn and Teller: Fool us in Vegas will air tonight at 8:05pm on Channel 5.