Eight Brooklyn Nine Nine Halloween spoilers
Nobody does Halloween quite like the gang at Brooklyn Nine Nine.
Previous Halloween episodes of our favourite cop sitcom have seen high stakes competitions between Detective Jake Peralta (Andy Samberg) and Captain Holt (Andre Braugher) which have had us in stitches. Yet Samberg boldly declares that this year’s spooky special will be “the most high-octane, intricate, and mind-blowing Halloween episode yet”. That’s a pretty big claim!
“This one moves really fast,” he explained to Entertainment Weekly. “There are a lot of pieces. It’s relentless and snappy. This one is much more of a big squad episode, which I always love”.
Okay Peralta, you talk a good talk, but we want details!
Here are some hints of what’s to come in this year’s Halloween special:
1. “Someone in the squad is dressed as Little Bo Peep — and it’s not who you think.”
2. “Someone in the squad is dressed as Popeye — and it is who you think.”
3. “Someone will be crowned king of the precinct. Literally.”
4. “Charles tries to set Gina up with his friend Nadia. Suffice it to say she’s not interested.”
5. “Things get gross just in time for Halloween: roaches, throw-up, Charles dressed like Elvis.”
6. “Jake and Holt battle for Amy’s affection/yell at her boobs.”
7. “Hitchcock and Scully go rogue.”
8. “Jake learns a valuable lesson about garbage.”
And if those Halloween treats have got your tastebuds tingling, here’s a sneak preview of Halloween III, which airs this Sunday at 8:30 p.m. ET on FOX US.