TV’s Highest Earners Revealed (Women’s Edition)
In an announcement that shocks no-one, the female stars of US sitcoms The Big Bang Theory and Modern Family are the highest paid TV actresses in the world in the past year.
Both Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting (TBBT‘s Penny) and Sofia Vergara (Modern Family‘s Gloria) have shared the spoils as the highest-paid actresses bringing in $28.5 million between June 2014 and June 2015, according to Forbes.
This puts Kaley just below her co-star Jim Parsons ($29m) but above Johnny Galecki ($27m) thanks to her new contract on the TV show amongst other endorsements.
Colombian Vergara is also the only non-US actress in the annual rankings, and is swiftly followed by her Modern Family castmate Julie Bowen, who comes in third place with $12m, followed by Grey’s Anatomy lead Ellen Pompeo with $11.5m.
However, comedy continues to reign throughout the top 11 with Amy Poehler, Mindy Kaling, Tina Fey, Patricia Heaton and Zooey Deschanel all getting a placement.
New entries this year also include Zooey’s sister Emily Deschanel, who made an estimated $6.5m for Bones, and NCIS star Pauley Perrette with $6m, while House of Cards actress Robin Wright also enters the list for the first time with $5.5m.
The full list of TV’s highest earners is as follows:
1. Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting (The Big Bang Theory): $28.5m
1. Sofia Vergara (Modern Family): $28.5m
3. Julie Bowen (Modern Family): $12m
4. Ellen Pompeo (Grey’s Anatomy): $11.5m
5. Mariska Hargitay (Law & Order: SVU): $11m
6. Julianna Margulies (The Good Wife): $10.5m
6. Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation): $10.5m
8. Mindy Kaling (The Mindy Project): $9m
9. Kerry Washington (Scandal): $7m
9. Patricia Heaton (The Middle): $7m
11. Tina Fey (The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt): $6.5m
11. Emily Deschanel (Bones): $6.5m
13. Pauley Perrette (NCIS): $6m
14. Robin Wright (House of Cards): $5.5m
15. Zooey Deschanel (New Girl): $5m